Happy Friday Dolls!
Yesterday was a lot of fun especially because my costume pics were a huge hit on my Facebook, lol! I was happy to see that because it was such a last minute effort that paid off.
Today however I am rocking a jacket I made last weekend that I am just emitted with and then made this adorable and trendy skirt I have been dying to make. You will see several of these skirts this fall/winter.
I first used V7975 when I made my Chanel inspired jacket posted about HERE and I must say that this jacket pattern is a favorite of mine because it is so basic in style that the design options are endless, hence the totally different look I got with this new jacket.
Misse's Jackets V7975
Pattern Sizing: I cut the 6
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern once you were done sewing with it? No, lol
Were the instructions easy to follow? I did not use them because the jacket is pretty basic but I have read them and they are clear.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like that its a basic design that you can use as a shell to create whatever your mind can conjure up.
Fabric Used: Sweater Knit found HERE and some faux quilted leather I got at my local fabric store. There are some nice faux leather options HERE
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Well let's see. I made it a zip up, added studs to the shoulders and cut off some of the length other then that not much.
Would you sew it again? This is a TNT for a basic shell
The SKIRT is M6842 and it is so EASY to make! I think I cut and sewed the entire skirt in 20 min. The pattern is super easy, has very few pieces and works with so many fabrics. I will be making it several times for sure.
Here are some pics of the construction….
The fabric I used was a light weight sweater knit but it was the perfect look so I knew I had to give it more body/structure. I started with a lightweight interfacing and then added a stiffer one on top. I also used twill tape in my seam allowances so that the metal zipper would not buckle and the neckline would stay put. I lined it in a bright red for fun but didn't have enough so the CB panel is of the same fabric and I had to piece it.
The metal separating zipper was too long so I had to shorten it which can be a pain in the ass if you don't have the right tools, which I did not. I used my jewelry pliers to remove the teeth. The studs I got in NY from MJ Trim and they were perfect. I had exactly enough to do the design I had in mind. These are easy because they have long prongs in the back that you just fold on to themselves.