.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

OOTD: DIY Striped Wrap Dress + Pattern Review KS 3489

Hi Darlings!

I am wearing my DVF inspired #DIY wrap dress today with my navy H&M Blazer and I gotta tell you how hard it was for me take pics today for you guys, LOL it was 34 degrees this morning!!!!! and neither the hubby or I checked before we walked outside today so when we got out there I was like "dayum it's cold" so I tried my very best to pretend like I was not freezing my butt off trying to be cute for you this morning, LMBO...literally!




Pattern Description: Misses Wrap Dress Kwik Sew 3489

Pattern Sizing: I cut the X-Small

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done with it? Yes for the most part.

Were the instructions easy to follow? This is a very easy wrap dress to put together and the instructions are very clear.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the classic wrap and this pattern is just that. It also has a collar you can add and if you really wanted too you could easily add cuffs. The sizing runs big but not terrible, I cut the X-Small and still took out about an 1.5" in the bodice for the fit I wanted.

Fabric Used: Striped Knit (similar HERE I love this red version and this grey HERE one too!) USE COUPON "MIMIJAN10"for 10% total purchase (one time use) THIS purple one is SO CUTE! 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I squared off the front wrap because I wasn't feeling the rounded edge.

Would you sew it again? Oh yeah, this wrap dress pattern will get many uses and because it is so simple you can add design elements easily like pockets.. now that I think of it I should have done that, LOL

Would you recommend it to others? YES!



DIY Striped Wrap Dress (Pattern KS3489) similar in red HERE / Steve Madden Nude Pumps (old) similar HERE / Navy Blazer H&M (old)








 

28 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi! Love the look! You pulled an excellent model move and didn't show how cold it was on your face! I've been on your site all morning, I plan to do another pencil skirt this weekend! Also on deck the maxi with elastic waistband AND the maxi dress!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi! Love the look! You pulled an excellent model move and didn't show how cold it was on your face! I've been on your site all morning, I plan to do another pencil skirt this weekend! Also on deck the maxi with elastic waistband AND the maxi dress!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some posts really stick out with your personality, this was one. Reading your intro was like we just sat down to chat. So funny & realistic. Your sewing skills are impressive, but I'm always like your choice of fabric. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi! I have been wanting to see you do a wrap around dress for a while. I would love to see you do a tutorial on it!!! Love the dress, you look fab as usual

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute dress!!! Lol. It's 45 degrees here in NY and we call that beautiful warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have truly inspired me to get on the ball with my sewing. I've checked my local Joanne Fabrics for sewing classes just so I can understand the terminology and such. I am so blessed to have found you. Thank you so much for your diligence in showing us how to do these amazing projects. I did the pencil skirt today and I was pleased but decided to redo my elastic. I also realized I could use the extra fabric to make the OBI belt and the skirt doubles as a cute mini dress :) You are amazing...thank you again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! post your pics on my facebook or email them ;-)

      Delete
  7. You have truly inspired me to get my butt in gear when it comes to sewing. I have been teaching myself for over a year now and I just checked my local Joanne Fabrics for sewing classes to make sure I am on the right track. I appreciate you taking the time to do the tutorials they are amazing and truly easier then I expected. I made the pencil skirt and I plan to use my extra fabric to attempt the OBI belt and I made the skirt long enough to double as a cute mini dress. Thank you so much I am so blessed to have found your site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Love the wrap style with the stripes! I wouldn't have thought to use stripes but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, and I love the addition of the blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dress fits u perfectly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharp looking ensemble, Mimi! Your dress in stripes is gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! I think I have this pattern...glad to hear that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is why 2013 is the year I'm learning to sew! I love everything about a wrap dress! You look fab, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous as always! Love the stripes and the jacket!
    Noriecreates.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing dress! I love the fabric. Green and navy is such a classic and chic combo! Loves it!

    You Like It? I Made It!
    http://youlikeitimadeit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love wrap dresses and yours is no exception, yet I don't have one. Why!? Must make one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on the dress!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice as always!! Following you has forced me out of my comfort zone to add more color to my boring closet. :) You are such an inspiration!! Question.. I've read in some of your posts how you buy fabric not knowing what you are going to make right away. When you do that, do you have a standard number of yards that you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks spectacular on you. I am always impressed with how you can take a basic pattern and make it so you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the beautiful simplicity Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the dress! I can't wait to try it on my own! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Mimi...adorable dress. Love your blog & style. QUESTION: I've been thinking of making a floor length (maxi) wrap dress. You think this pattern would work for that or is the skirt part a little too a-line?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.