.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Call Me Heather…Grey Dress + Pattern Review V8667



Hi Darlings!

I am so happy you guys are enjoying the "Work It Wednesday" postings. I really like sharing all the different things I am into and try in my everyday life. I have a few more things I want to incorporate soon like beauty postings. I recently have been bit by the makeup bug (It's my daughters fault, she is obsessed) and so I realized that at 36 years old I NEVER learned how to put on makeup, never wore lipstick and have no idea how to use it. So I have decided that since I am currently fascinated by it that I will start to post my adventures in makeup, lol.

Now on to this fabulous dress and pattern! First of all I LOVE this fabric; it is a wool/rayon blend and it is so luxurious. The fabric has a great weight to it so it's perfect for the changing weather.

DIY Dress (similar retail) HERE / Steve Madden Heels HERE / Belt (old) similar HERE or HERE 

Pattern: V8667 View E Modified

Fabric Used: Wool/Rayon Blend Would also be amazing in THIS stretch wool/poly or in any of THESE great colors of Ponte for fall.

Pattern Sizing: I cut the 10 because I read in other reviews that it ran small and there was little ease. I should have known to just follow my own judgement since I have made a GAZILLION vogue patterns because I ended up cutting it down to an 8 after the first fitting and then had to remove 3 INCHES! in the bust and skirt! 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope when you were done? Yep except for the long sleeves.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The dress is pretty straight forward, it is lend so that is a nice option. I lined it with a light weight silky knit I had in my stash. The collar is easy and there really is not much to it.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the style of it, it is a very classic dress. The collar was also a selling point. I did not like that they did not have a long sleeve option so I made my own.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Just the few I mentioned above. I just redrafted the sleeve to make it long.

Would you sew it again? No one of these is enough but it is fab and so I recommend it with a test fit first ;-)









30 comments:

  1. Work It, Miss Mimi!!!!....two questions (1) do you line all of your knit creations? (2) do you make a muslin for all your new projects, or just some? how do you decided?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I line most of my dresses. I really only make a muslin for tailored items.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for all you knowledge sharing!

      Delete
  2. Love everything about this! It maybe just my phone but the shoe link does not seem to be working...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The original pattern has a zipper. Did you make your dress with one? It looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has a zipper, it would be impossible to wear without one. I just moved it to the side starting under the sleeve.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. You do amazing work!

      Delete
  4. I love everything about this dress! Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. waawwww harikasın canım süper

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, you are just too hot for words woman! Look at that dress on you, you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So chic! I love dresses like this, but have to get my post-baby body back into shape before I can get back in to some of my faves. Love how you're wearing your hair also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty dress and I especially love the collar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had not noticed this pattern before. Love the collar! Definitely will have to buy it! Looks amazeballs on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress looks nice on you and the fuscha lipstick does too. I started experimenting with makeup in my mid 40's and I love it.

    LaToria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! A great work dress. Thanks for inspiring! Also did you ever respond to my email?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mimi. Great look! It also looks really comfortable as well. I just had that same realization as you about makeup. As I was going through all the youtube closet videos, I noticed the makeup collection(s) that everyone had. It's overwhelming for me though. looking forward to getting some helpful tips during your journey. have a good day

    Felicia ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Question how are you able to kick out so many outfits? Do you have help or you do everything yourself? What is your schedule like? I know you have kids but sometimes I think you have Super Powers??? Your work is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mimi! That dress is fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress screams Victoria Beckham. Superb craftsmanship dear. Another fabulous creation. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is REALLY cute on you Mimi. You never cease to amaze me. You look FABULOUS. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I WOULD LOVE TO ROCK A DRESS LIKE THIS BUT I GOT TO BIG OF A GUT FOR IT BUT IT LOOKES GOOD ON YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Question I love everything that you do. You have restored my faith dresses.
    Can you do a tutorial on how to line this or other items. Its getting cold in the NE and with this new found love for dresses, I would like to make some out of heavier material, but some of them can be itchy. I would like to learn how to line then to avoid that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wouldn think it possible but u get sexier every time! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is SUPER cute! Def want to try this for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for trying out makeup at 36/37. I'm 34 and have never been into makeup, but I'm realizing that I really need to know something about it even if it's not an everyday event for me. Thank you for taking us all on your journey with you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mimi,
    The first time I looked at this dress, it had a DIY tutorial. When I went to the tutorial page to purchase it, I didn't see it. Was there a DIY tutorial and was it removed?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl u know u working that dress....you making me gone stick to my 2014 weight loss goal n buy me one this dress to show off my curves when I hit my goal.....Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.