.

Monday, March 12, 2012

DIY Blouse: Pattern Review V8772 View D




Pattern Description: Misses Blouse with Sleeve Variations

Pattern Sizing: I cut the 6

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Honestly I didn't look at them because I had many so many button up I just go with my method of construction.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love that this blouse is fitted, I hate sewing a pattern that "looks" fitted on the envelope and then you end up having to grade down or spend hours on fitting.

Fabric Used: Cotton Gingham in navy/white

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None

Would you sew it again? This is a good pattern so I will probably use it again.


Would you recommend it to others? Yes


v8772 Blouse, F21 Jeans, CR Heels, Tory Burch Sunnies

NY&Co. Faux Leather Red-Orange Jacket

xoxo
mimi g.

12 comments:

  1. I love that. It is perfect with the yellow shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shirt.... Somehow, I always manage to have just "passed up" a pattern just before a great review of it! I'll have to wait for the Vogue sale to come back around. Great job...great styling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mocha Scrapper, thank you and pick the pattern up, its a good one.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute, Mimi, really like the gingham and yellos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red and yellow you've styled this with. Fabulous...as usual (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whole ensemble and the gingham is banging with the shows and jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi, WOW this is one great outfit! I love fitted blouses and never owned a Gingham check...thanks for the awesome review and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always shied away from gingham but this looks so cool I think I may be swayed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.