.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

DIY Dress: Pattern Review of B5672


Pattern Description: Close fitting, lined dress has left side invisible zipper,left dart and left pleats from drape effect

Pattern Sizing: I cut the 8

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, I kinda breezed through them since the pattern is pretty simple but what I did read was good.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked the side pleats and since it is fully lined I really liked it.

Fabric Used: Off white Ponte

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I have a long torso so I added 5/8" to the bodice front/back.

Would you sew it again? As a matter of fact I think I will because I want to try it in a color block.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes

How I Wore It....




B5672, Wild Pair Bright Blue Wedges





xoxo
mimi g.

21 comments:

  1. That is so elegant and pretty!! I love those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo I love this dress! And those wedges!! Chic! I'll say it again...you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you sew fits so well. I am still trying to figure what looks great on me and is figure flattering. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and I love the simple necklace and funky shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really flattering dress that is beautifully made. And I love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress..your blog has really further inspired me to get back into sewing. love love your blog!! & great shoes.

    nuthintowear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress, loving the shoes!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://embracingtherealme.blogspot.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love every thing! the dress looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous dress! Fits you wonderfully and the shoes are 'wow'. I'll keep practicing and maybe one day I will have a fraction of your skills at the sewing machine! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You Remind me Sooo Much Of Another Amazing Fashion Blogger Named Karla Deras http://karlascloset.blogspot.com/ If You Too Aren't Related I Will Be Shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely stunning! found out about your blog through www.curvesandconfidence.com...... you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.