.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

#DIY Date Night Dress + Pattern Review V7997 + Winner!

Hi Darlings!

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all have a lovely evening and for those single today and without dates do not fret, sometimes the best company is yourself. The hubby and I don't really do much on VD especially when it falls on a weekday but this year we are not even together ;-( he had to fly out to Atlanta this morning so we'll make up for it on Saturday and he can enjoy my date night dress then.
I put the dress on to do a review and share it with all of you and then took it off through on some jeans and off I went so if you run into me today don't expect to see this dress, LOL!!

I didn't intent for this to be a dress for VD but I had this pattern in my stash and this sweater knit I picked up at Michael Levine's  a long time ago and although the pattern is for a top I wanted to make it a dress and so I did. When I was done the hubby thought it was PDS (pretty damn sexy) and so a date night dress it became.

The WINNER  of the necklace is...... Josanne Mitchell
email me your address doll! 




Pattern Description: V7997 (out of print) but still available online 

Pattern Sizing: I cut the 8

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern once you were done sewing with it? Yes kind of

Were the instructions easy to follow? This is so super easy and super fast to make. The instructions are pretty clear.


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I have had this pattern in my stash for a long time because I love the look.

Fabric Used: I used a sweater knit I had in my stash from a last year. These HERE will work and THESE too.


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I made the top into a dress by using my hip curve ruler and adding length to it with a little extra to for the gathers at the side. It was really just that easy. I also cut the back piece in two pieces instead of on the fold so I could adjust for the curve of my lower back.

Would you sew it again? I think I might make it again in another fabric and will play with the off the shoulders collar and maybe exaggerate it a bit.






29 comments:

  1. you killed it, it resurected and you killed it again, PDS Mimi PDS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wouldn't be surprised if 9 months from now, there's a new member of the family. Seriously super hot! And it actually looks comfortable because it's a knit. Who knew the two could coexist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BWHAHAHAHAHHA girl dont you put that on me, my baby kitchen is closed for business, LOL

      Delete
  3. MIMI!!! YOU ARE TOO MUCH MY LOVE. i LOVE LOVE LOVE THE FACT THAT, THAT DRESS IS SHORT. My momma is an ultra conservative and she is always saying women need to retire their thighs and legs at a certain age. I'm going to show her your picture and ask her WHY? You like fiyahhhh to me! Blessed couple you two are! have a good date on saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Thanks, I dont wear them short that often but when I do...I werk it out, LOL

      Delete
  4. Yes Mimi! That dress! Like what you did with the pattern, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOT DAYUM!! Girl you are SMOKIN' in that dress!! PDS...your hubby was right! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing dress and model. #Where'sMyInsamityVideos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mimi,

    YOU LOOK HOT IN THIS DRESS...WORK IT :)...Happy Vday! Enjoy your date on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dress on you and know I will love it on me ! Well I looked the pattern up and saw that it is a top ....not dress. I know there is a technique to extend it to a dress , but I'm not sure of what it takes. Can you please review that skill. Have fun on your date nite !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I explained how I did it in the post but can elaborate at some time.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  9. You look SLAMMIN HOT! Dress and heels and you work it every time! Your legs are so SEXY in heels. Seems to me like he aint got his priorities in check! All those curves goin to waste tonight...SHAME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't get it twisted, he has his priorities well in order. No one comes close to my man ;-) but when Tyler Perry calls you answer. We have Valentines Day every day! xo

      Delete
  10. Work it. Very cute. I pray I can look half that grest

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another winner Ms Mimi! You always look sexy! I still can't believe you had 4 of 6 kids! Enjoy your date night Saturday!

    Noriecreates.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flawless!! Have a great date night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're an awesome inspiration.. I use to think you bought all of your gear.. I've never seen instruction with fabrics. Does it depend on what type you're purchasing?


    Thx ..... Mizzkmarie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi hunny love the outfit...By any chance do you remeber where you purchased your shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi hunny....Awesome outfit....By any chance do you remeber where u purchased your shoes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.