.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

High Waist Pencil Skirt Tutorial REVIEWED by Kelly H.

Hi Darlings! I am always so excited to see my tutorials reviewed because it gives me insight in how to improve or add or adjust and it is always GREAT to see someone as fabulous as Kelly showing us all that feeling great and looking great does not only come in a size 2 

ROCK IT! She did an amazing job and I love the denim fabric choice. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us Kelly! xoxo



Skirt Tutorial Reviewed 



Pattern Description: High Waist Pencil Skirt

Pattern Sizing:You draft the pattern according to your measurements

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  I think so.


Were the instructions easy to follow? I have watched a lot of sewing/crafting videos over the years.  I continue to be impressed by Mimi’s teaching style as she walks you through every step and tells you why you’re doing what you’re doing in simple easy to understand terms.  Mimi has produced another winner.  


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  The tutorial is full of techniques and manages to give you all the information you would typically learn in a sewing 101 series yet presents it in a way that is so matter of fact and encouraging that you don’t even realize you’re learning intermediate techniques.   Pattern drafting, fitting, topstitching, edge stitching, the COOLEST, EASIEST invisible zipper insertion technique known to man (this alone makes the video worth the price) are just a few of the techniques you’ll learn in this tutorial.  


Fabric Used: Stretch Denim

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Not necessary since the pattern is custom


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Honestly, I don’t know what to be happier about, my perfect skirt, how much use I will get out of this pattern or the unlimited options that can be created using the basic skirt pattern.  


Conclusion:   This will be my TNT pencil skirt pattern





High Waist Pencil Skirt Tutorial HERE




33 comments:

  1. You look great Kelly, I cannot wait to get a crack at the tutorial and I have to also make one for a friend in my office so I am uber excited. Continue the grat work Mimi and keep the tutorials coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! she looks great right?

      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Indeed she does!! I will be making my tshirt dress and pencil skirt this weekend. Thanks for the additional inspiration Kelly.

      Delete
  2. I love that pocket detail! And the contrast stitching is right on. :)

    ReplyDelete

  3. She definately rocked it! Great job and those shoes are fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Kelly! You look amazing and I am loving those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Gosh Girl!! You look awesome!! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Kelly's skirt and our shoe game is in sync I have her shoes in Teal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where can I get those shoes? They are super cute.

      Delete
  7. Great Job!! I really like those shoes and she did a great job coordinating the outfit. Great sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly you look AWESOME!!!! Great job on the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You killed it girl!!! The skirt turned out awesome and you are rocking it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly did a great job on that skirt and the entire outfit looks fabulous. I can feel how great you feel wearing it through the computer screen. Great job Kelly and Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job Kelly and love the shoes. Keep up the good work Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just purchased this skirt tutorial... Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete
  12. Love your skirt Kelly! You did an amazing job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. KELLY, That skirt looks expensive and your shoes are fabulous! Mimi, the sign of a good teacher is how well their students use the knowledge they've received, so awesome job by you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelly you did a great job on the skirt, it looks really nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all so much for all the love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly looks amahhhZING!!! Mimi, you are the "business". I'm thinkibg of getting the tutorial as a gift for my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent! Kelly looks fabulous. What a great looking skirt. Mimi - You and Kelly ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Kelly..

    Love that fit and those shoes are killin em..Also, excellent job Mimi!

    http://simplysassysstyle.blogspot.com/

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice work Kelly!! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes maam!! Kelly H. You rocked it hun, as she always does with her tutes

    ReplyDelete
  21. This outfit is hot, Kelly! and those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I'm going to get this tutorial and make myself one next week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! I'm going to get this tutorial and make myself one next week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! You look great Kelly. I'm going to get this tutorial and make myself one next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.