.

Friday, June 22, 2012

TGIF + Eating Healthy

Hi Darlings!!

Okay a new day and I have a yummy dish to share. Many of you have asked me about what I do to stay fit and what I eat so today I am sharing what I made for dinner last night. I try to eat as clean as possible so for me that means nothing processed and as little ingredients as possible.

I worked out pretty hard all week doing 2hr workouts a day and today I took the day off so my body could recover. Although I should eat certain things like brown rice instead of white I choose to eat the rice I like because I don't eat rice everyday so it wont matter much in the end and I don't like to deprive myself. I found this salmon recipe on pinterest of course, lol it was yummy!!!

Honey Ginger Glazed Salmon / White Rice / Roasted Veggie Medley

Here is the salmon recipe (credit: tricks chefs.com)

1tsp ground ginger
1tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1 green onion (garnish)
4-5 salmon fillets 

I did not use the grill and instead made them on the stove top with a little olive oil and cooked each side about 5-7 minutes.

Roasted Veggies:

I just mixed together the veggies with a little olive oil, parsley, 1 garlic clove and a little salt + pepper.
Place them on a baking sheet and into the oven @ 375 degrees for 45 minutes. 

Even my 5yr old ate every single thing! the glaze is so yummy.

xoxo
mimi g.

13 comments:

  1. Salmon is one of my favorite healthy eating foods. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good!! Will it work with catfish? I ask b/c I have a ton of it in the deep freezer. I'll have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! Will try soon.
    Love your portion sizes too!
    Sometimes folks over do it with the carb portions, when the veggies and protein should really be the larger portions on the plate.
    A certain male in my family (DH) makes a damn hill with the rice on the plate! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Mimi!!! What time is dinner again??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swiping recipe for Sunday dinner.
    THANKS MIMI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swiping recipe for Sunday dinner.
    THANKS MIMI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks delicious, specially the veggies and the rice, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HELLO LOVE UR BLOG PAGE CHECK OUT MY!!! WWW.FASHIONLIFE-PEGGY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love salmon and I love that you did a post like this!!
    http://worldoffashionandbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing I just had this on Monday night...

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice, I had excatly the same thing monday night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.