.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Color Me Green! How to Wear Bold Colors


Hi Darlings,  Happy Tuesday. Yesterday was such a *meh* day that today I needed a little color pick me up, I am LOVING green, and lucky for me I had just bought this great Gap sweater. Now I am not afraid of color and I wear it all year long and since I am still feeling the whole color-blocking thing I thought I'd share my method to the madness.

Mimi G.'s Step's To Wearing Bold Colors

1. Use no more than 3 Bright colors
2. Use a neutral (black, brown, blue, tan etc.) color to add balance 
3. Don't use the same bright colors in ALL of your accessories. 
4. Keep the "extras" to a minimal or you will start to look like Nicki Minja, lol












Gap Sweater HERE / F21 Jeggings (old) / F21 Tear Drop Yellow Earrings (old) / Guess Rose Pink Pumps HERE / RayBan Sunnies / NY&Co. Leopard Bracelet (old) 

xoxo
mimi g.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi,

    Flawless Execution as always...love it. I too love green. The green, pink, and a touch of yellow works so well togethere. I so appreciate the style tips :-). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My exact thoughts Tia...well said!
      Well done Mimi... I don't sew but you make me spend money : )

      Delete
  2. I am going away for my anniversary. Boy I wish we could go shopping together, so you could help me pick out some cool pieces . You have such flair when putting your clothes together. I'm lacking in that department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I have started to add bolder colors to my wardrobe. I wear a lot of black, since I gained weight. I love colors, and have decided to again introduce colors in my world. Thanks Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sweater [green's my fav color].

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocking those colors honey you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You have really inspired me to think outside the box when it comes to fashion. Keep doing what you do, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips!! Pink pumps shoes were unexpected...love em' (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick me up color! It's been that kind of week here on the East Coast, and I could use some bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute outfit, I really like the green and the pink, not too much color but just enough!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mimi :)

    I know you must get this all the time...but you ABSOLUTELY inspire me! not only to learn to sew (my mom has been sewing for years and i never once stitched a thing on the machine) lol. but also to take some extra time with my appearance (outfit, makeup etc) Thanks so much!

    PS.when I become a mom I would like to look just like you! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.