.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DIY Floral Skirt + Introducing A Guest!

Happy Tuesday Darlings! I am very excited to share a fellow blogger who emailed me some time ago about doing a collaboration where she would take one of my looks and create a "Look for Less" with a post and interview questions.  Please stop by her blog, view her post and read my responses to her questions but mostly just show her some love, women must support other women and I am all about that!

Yolanda of ET CETERA BLOG MAGAZINE  has a cool approach to her blog and as a somewhat new blogger (2 years) she has a clear vision and is working hard to get there.  Below is my look, a little bit about Yolanda and her take on my look.

DIY Skirt Using Simplicity Pattern #2512 I made this skirt years ago but it is still a favorite and it highlights the color of my new Coach bag perfectly ;-)






About ETC Blog Magazine

View her post HERE

I'm Yolanda Renee and I'm from Maryland. I started www.etcblogmag.com in 2010 just as a creative outlet. At first my myspace became somewhat a blog to me but when that went out of style facebook became the new 'it' thing! So my facebook wall became flooded with fashion, make-up, beauty, etc. Which really isn't fun for those who ARE NOT interested. Like my male friends. Lol. So a friend suggested I start my own website. It was the best advice ever! I immediately started my blog, www.etcblogmag.com. I'm proud to say I do everything by myself- my research, html coding, graphic design, web design, styling, etc.

The main purpose of the site is to be a personal shopper, stylist, and blogger all rolled into one for my viewers! Lol. Celebs and those with $$$ can afford a stylist or personal shopper. The average person cannot. So this site is for the average woman who wants to be styled like the celebs. I shop online for my viewers, create outfits with the direct links for purchase, and I even give FREE styling advice. I look to the celebs styled to perfection by the most elite stylists and designers, and create looks for less for the average girl. In addition, you can find outfits of the day, celebrity looks for less, trend reports, make-up tutorials, natural hair tutorials, and more. I do this because I definitely need a creative outlet- I love fashion & design, and I know when you love something great things will follow.  It's so rewarding! So definitely come visit, www.etcblogmag.com. You will love it!

MIMI G. STYLE | Look for Less


Long sleeve shirt
chicnova.com


J Crew long skirt
jcrew.com




Blu Bijoux bib necklace
maxandchloe.com


Miss Selfridge pearl jewelry
missselfridge.com


Nordstrom jewelry
nordstrom.com


Aso
asos.com


Amrita singh
amritasingh.com


R J Graziano gold ring
stylebop.com



Nars cosmetic
lordandtaylor.com


Nars cosmetic
nordstrom.com


Nars cosmetic
barneys.com

11 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous love that skirt and the shoes are fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy! This so dope Mimi! Thanks again. Toy really are a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mimi....the skirt is gorge, but simple at the same time and I love the fabric choice. And, I will most definitely check out her blog...I agree we as women do need to stick together!!!. Also, I had a question I wanted to ask for some time... I love the length of all your pants and jeans...do you purchase them that way or make those alterations to them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! The interview, the outfits, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can u please do a video tutorial on this skirt??? I am willing to pay for it!!! So gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had this pattern forever, I'm glad to see its still relevant , I can add it back ony list . Support is a beautiful thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the skirt! I have had this pattern too for a long time. Which view did you use? Did you use "View B" and just not make the tie? The whole outfit is HOT! ;)

    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love the skirt. I've also had this pattern in my stash for about 2 years and have yet to be inspired to give it ago, but I think I just found it. I love the fabric as well, where did you get it?

    Mel@allwrappedup

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.