.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm Wearing Favorites + Damn Knee

It's Tuesday and I am in for a fun filled day of running around so today was a jeans and sneakers kinda day. If you don't know, I have a really bad knee which my doc says now has zero cartilage and is basically bone on bone and just for kicks my knee decided it also wanted a case of arthritis under the knee cap..how nice! LOL

The odd thing is that you would think because of my bad knee that I would need to wear flat shoes often but it is actually the other way around for me. When I wear heels I think my body weight shifts and I can go all day without a single bit of pain from my knee but if I wear flats for more than a day my knee starts to hurt so bad, isn't that strange? LOL any excuse to justify my wearing 6" heels daily BWHAHAHAHAH

Today I just couldn't imagine running around in heels so I will use up my "one day flat shoe allowance" 

 Wearing Favorites!
I love my GAP T-shirt because it says London on it and London is one of my favorite cities ever! I always have such an amazing time when I am there and I can't wait to get back! My jeans are from Express which I am sure you have seen me wear several times, they are so COMFY and have just enough distress and slouchiness for me. I buy jeans at different places but I think these are in my top ten.
Now let's talk about my Jacket, Can I just tell you that I bought this Jacket at GAP about 5 years ago and I LOVE IT! I wish they would release it again in different colors so I buy more, lol and of course I am carrying my latest Michael Kors purchase (bought it last month), this bag is so the right size and it it is quickly becoming a fav of mine to carry! Im wearing my Sketchers plain white sneaks and my Favorite Tory Burch Sunnies, I love how dark they are and kinda bad ass, lol

xoxo
mimi g.


23 comments:

  1. Girl my knees are in the same sad state. I can't stop rocking my heels though, til the knees fall off. lol
    Cute casual look, the jacket takes it up a nice notch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, im the same way!! Youre not alone Lol
    Heels are so much more comfortable for me (2 Knee surgeries on the left)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 surgeries? yikes. My doc says I need an implant, lol

      Delete
  3. I too have knee problems. What has helped me is taking Osteo Bi-Flex. I have been pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and cute!!

    I have bad knees too as well as chronic lower back pain, so me wearing heels all the time is hard, but I do try rock them even when I probably shouldn't. LOL I like them high too 4 inches and up. But I do like my flats, I am either wearing sky high heels or low to the ground flats!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi?? Flats?? LOL!! I hope you take care of your knee issue soon..don't neglect it. I love that jacket, you look too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, once a month ha! Im waiting to hear what the doc wants to do ;-(

      Delete
  6. Mimi I like the laid back comfy run around town outfit. Oops that's a mouth full. Lol Anyway, chic and cute as always. When I read the part about your knee, I said to myself, "me too." But it's both knees for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both knees? oh my I better count my blessings. I need to find a solution and maybe a new doctor!

      Delete
    2. Yes, both knees. Knee problems seem to run in my family. I do take it in stride though

      Delete
  7. I am so in love with this outfit! I want that T! Really cute...

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Mimi, get some glucosamine from Amway. I get it from my friends website. Send u the link tomorrow - on that computer. My mom is bone on bone and felt relief overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the casual chic look of the outfit.
    Sorry about the knee. I hope the Doc helps you find relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the casual chic of the outfit.
    Sorry to hear about the knee. Hope the Doc helps you find relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Next time you are in London Mimi let me know, I will point you in the right direction of the best fabric stores!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fact that you put this jacket with such a casual outfit has me in shambles! I loved it! I'm a huge fan of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One day flat allowance? You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi i amfrom new Zealand. My question to you is how do you fit your clothes that you sew for yourself . Do you use a clothes dumbly or what. I have been sewing since I was little now I have 3 teenage kids. So a lot of sewing has happened but I can't get the exact fit for me that I can do for others
    Glenda from new zealand

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey mimi, this is yaddy from ny..in regards to the t we have them back in so many summer colors, i work for the company and we have an amazing collection of ts right nothe milan t in a floresent pink..check out yopur local gap! great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.