.

Friday, January 11, 2013

LOL! Casual Pain Free Look + DIY Friday Tutorial + Estimating Yardage

Hi Darlings! I know I rarely wear sneakers ya'll but OMG my legs hurt so bad from my workout that last night I pulled out heels to wear today and then I woke up, LOL aside from the ultra casual look today the green sweatshirt was my 5 year olds Christmas gift to me because it's my favorite color and has sparkles on it (ugh! so cute!!!) So.. because I was wearing my baby's gift I could not resist pulling out my leopard sneakers ;-) and I can say that even though my legs are on FIRE *insert Alice Keys singing here* and I can hardly take a step without looking like a pregnant penguin I am at least pretty comfortable, lol!! 

Today I also have a quick DIY Tutorial for you guys that takes a little over a minute, lol and next week I have a new easy high waist skirt tutorial that will be FREE!! Every Friday will be Tutorial/Tip Friday, some will be free some will not, some will be sewing/pattern related and some will not but I am hoping to give you some new tip/tutorial every week as part of the additions to 2013. 



A&E Green Fur Trim Hoodie (similar) HERE / Target Green & White Stripe Tank / F21 Jeans (old) / Blink Leopard Sneakers (mine are sold out HERE) but similar ones HERE



Video Tutorial





Purchase metal scrapbook corners HERE / HERE / Fabric Glue HERE


Estimating Fabric Yardage

 I wanted to share my template for estimating yardage. I always buy fabric without an exact plan for what it will be but I do have a general idea if I plan to use it for a dress, pants, top etc based on the fabric content. This chart that I adapted is a good resource to have handy ;-)


click to enlarge and save/print






26 comments:

  1. Mimi, I love your freckles!! My daughter will just faint when I show her the Collar Tips! Amazing Mommy/Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the collar tip idea Mimi. I will be trying it out soon as well as the buttons. many thanks for the yardage template. It will really come in handy since I'm still a beginner at sewing. I have already purchased fabric for my first pair of pants so hopefully I have enough for now.

    whoisthatgirlmo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inspiring! Great info w/ the chart. And I always love the OOTD. Looking forward to the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo friday tips. Just at the right time when my New Year resolution is to actually do some sewing before I forget what to do, being a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this chart! I know it will prove to be very helpful for me in the near future.

    www.indityton.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey - I just Googled that same chart a coupld of weeks ago on my smartphone when I was out shopping for fabric. Since I'm such a newbie, I had no idea how much fabric to purchase but I did have an idea of what I could make (pants, dress, shirt ect.). Thanks for all of your great tips.
    LaDonna-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the chart!!!
    I never know why I am buying fabric and what I will use it for, lol!!
    I have another really to love Fridays, can't wait for the tutorials:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE!!!!LOVE THE HOODIE AND THE SNEAKERS ARE PERFECTION!!!!:))
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tutorial and your daughter is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! My 6 year old said the same thing when I asked him how he picked my gift "blue is your favorite color and it has sparkles on it" #trainthemup

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mimi G, with my back and leg problems, sneakers are a given ... but r they cute? Nevah! UNTIL I'VE SEEN YOUR LEOPARD SNEAKERS! Oh, boy! THOSE, I WANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mimi! I cannot wait for more tutorials - THANK YOU for helping those who are teaching themselves to sew :) Thank you for inspiring all of us. Looking forward to learning more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mimi Forever 21 has leopard sneakers/tennis shoes like you have on. They are less that $25 too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope this doesn't post twice but Mimi Forever 21 has leopard sneaker/tennis shoes like yours. They are less than $25 too

    ReplyDelete
  15. MiMi thanks so much for the collar tip tutorial but there is but so many times I can listen to the begin & the end to hear as much of this song as possible. Your daughter is ABSOLUTELY amazing!! Is there a way to buy this song?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That song is great, and your daughter has a BEAUTIFUL voice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl, I just love your style all the way around. Fashion forward, yet trendy without being too too trendy and some with a business casual vibe with a punch, sexy, fun and I could just go on and on...LOVE IT!. Some of your looks I have actually remixed and worn to work and some I have just copied piece by piece and added my twist and have gotten awesome compliments. You are Awesome! PURE AWESOMENESS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.