.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Closet Organizing

Hi darlings! I don't have an OOTD because I have been up most of the night with a terrible headache. It is so bad that it kept waking me out of my sleep and pounding. I always get really bad headaches when I am stressed out and I have tension in my shoulders ;-( so I didn't feel like getting dressed for work today. Instead of an OOTD I am sharing my latest addition to my closet because it was seriously getting out of control!  so on top of making room for my accessories I have been slowly replacing my plastic hangers with the skinny velvet ones but geez I have so many hangers it's going to take ages!


Closet Organizing
Ok, for the most part I try to keep my closet organized but with the hustle and bustle it makes it difficult to keep order and especially hard when you have run out of space and are trying to accommodate new purchases as they come in, LOL so my closet ends up looking like this by the end of the week ;-(

Before..

Now before I had my small bags that no longer fit on the hooks in a shoe box which was fine until they no longer fit and then piles start to form like the pic above. The piles started forming and the necklaces just started getting tangled and covered up that I couldn't see what I had anymore.


These two hooks on each side of this nook worked for a bit but I quickly ran out of space and getting a bag from under neath the others started to become a pain in my butt!


Now, because we are moving again in the next year I don't want to do anything permanent because this place is our transitional home so I went to ikea for some storage solutions.


After....



I found this shelf at ikea and it was perfect for what I needed, cubbies for my clutches and a rod to hang my necklaces. This has been great because nothing tangles, I can see every necklace I have and it makes it easy to unclasp and grab the one I want. Plus it was only $29.99 at IKEA!


I have bins on top with belts and some more shoes.


This was awesome because I can take it with me when we move and it hold what I need perfectly, I have two rods that I hang my purses from using shower rods that easily unclasp and I can grab my purse quickly. It also has two drawers below which I quickly filled with my scarfs, lol


This was only $49 at Ikea! and it is so easy to grab and go! I also bought the wall hook mount for $7 at Ikea to hang the belts I wear often. i have three boxes of belt but I always wear the same ones, lol so I use this to hang the frequently in rotation belts.



Here are links to my purchase and I hope it at least gave you an idea that could work for you ;-)

Purse and Scarf Storage HERE / Clutch and Necklace Shelf (similar) HERE



xoxo
Mimi G



19 comments:

  1. YAY for the velvet hangers!!! lolol. Great storage solutions. I love how neat and organized your space looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIMI!! How are you just gonna post an awesome shelf like that for your clutches and jewelry and then link to something talkin' 'bout "similar??" NOT FAIR. WANT. I plan to hang my scarves tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! They dont have it online, only in the store ;-(

      Delete
    2. Hi,

      I found the shelf on-line...grevback hat rack. Thank you Mimi for giving us organizing solutions.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mimi,

    Thank you...I'm going to IKEA ASAP....my closet is crying for help. These organizing solutions would work great for me.

    I hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi you just saved my life!!!! I was literally just at my house last night with all of my necklaces spread out on the ground. I wish I had a picture to show you. I said, "What in the heck am I going to do with all of this stuff because I'm definitely keeping them!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! I'm glad I read your blog every day, I've been wondering what to do with all my stuff that wouldn't fit. It was starting to take over the bottom of my closet. I had made an appointment with a personal organizer to see if they could help and I donated so much stuff it's unreal. No place to put it.My necklaces had started getting tangled and broken.I start with the hangers and it seems like I've been doing that for ages....literally 300 hangers later, still not complete.

    Thank you for all the ideas and sharing I really love everything you do. You've made my life easier...really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Mimi...Loving the new look :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it seems useful. I need them all !
    xo,
    Enda
    http://detailsbyenda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimi, great post. Love your idea's for organizing. I totally love my wall hook mounts for belts and scarves.*NatuallyMe35*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mimi, great post.....especially the wall mount hook idea. I use this for my belts and scarves.*NaturallyMe35*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swoon! I just started cleaning my wretched closet, inspired by your previous vlog post. I NEEDED this post today - all of my scarves and handbags are in a heap in the middle of the closet floor awaiting a solution. Here it is! Yah! Thanks, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This helps out a lot !!! Thank you....where did you find the pink sunglasses holder

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. While I am very organized, all of the shopping done in the last few weeks has me needing more space. my closet is not the best. your purse & scarf organizer are awesome! Will be making a trip to Ikea today (for the first time) and reorganizing my space!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing! My purses have gotten out of control and I'm running out of room for jewelry on my wire mannequin jewelry stand. My shoes are a mess too...any ideas on organizing them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing! My purses have gotten out of control and I'm running out of room for jewelry on my wire mannequin jewelry stand. My shoes are a mess too...any ideas on organizing them?

    ReplyDelete
  16. A closet system can take on a few different looks. They can contain any combination of shelves, drawers, clothes racks, tie holders, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone love to keep their thing in an organized way. If you don't have enough space for closet organizer then we are here to resolve your problem as we have wide range of it in different sizes according to you requirement

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.