.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

#DIY Bold Floral Dress + Pattern Review: B5889 View D



Hello Darlings!

I have take on out my projects for the week which include a lace peplum dress using Simplicity 1650  made from this amazing Lace Fabric, I am hoping to have time to finish it this week.

Pattern: B5889 View D

Fabric Used: 100% Rayon purchased HERE and it is so soft and drapes like a dream. They also have a Fuschia color way too!  and it is on SALE for $5.40 and use your coupon! "MIMIAPRIL10"

Pattern Sizing: I cut the XS and graded to a Small just at the hip (after I finished I realized the grading was not necessary; there was enough ease to fall away form my body)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope when you were done? Yep

Were the instructions easy to follow? This is a VERY easy pattern to make. I looked over the instructions so I could review them but there was no need to use them if you have ever sewn anythng before. If you are a complete newbie this is a good one to start with because there are only 4 pieces.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like anything that is flowy and comfy and cute so this was right up my alley. I also knew I was going to make the dress version as seen n yellow on the website but because  made it last night I forgot to check the length before I cut otherwise I would have added about 2" to the length. It's wearable but only on date night with the hubby LOL after taking the pics I took the dress off and will let the hem out about 1.5" just to add a little length ^_^

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None. The dress is literally sen up the sides up to a point and then the edges of the armhole and shoulders are finished and tacked down. The neck binding is easy and the optional belt is pretty straight forward so there really was not much to it at all. The other nice thing about it is that there is a nice amount of ease so there are no fitting issues to deal with.

Would you sew it again? Yes I think I may do it again and take the hem to the floor to create a comfy loose fitting maxi.

Would you recommend it to others? Most certainly!
DIY Floral Dress (similar) HERE and HERE / Steve Madden Heeled Sandals HERE / MK Watch HERE / Sunnies (old) 




xoxo
Mimi G







21 comments:

  1. Such a cute look. I love the floral fabric you used. I would have never looked at this pattern and thought dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing! In fact, I would have passed this pattern up completely. But seeing the "Mimi G" finished product ... amazing!

      Delete
  2. This dress is so pretty and I love the colors and the floral design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty on you. I love it!! Even though I don't know how to sew yet (took my first class this week Thanks to your inspiration), I would like to start grabbing some fabric. How many yards did you use for this look?

    ReplyDelete
  4. RIGHT ON MIMI! Looks good! Thank you for sharing and being such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual this looks gorgeous. You are a true inspiration; working on setting up my sewing room to get back into sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto to every comment. Glad you said it's easy and has alot of ease (sounds like a winner for us beginners) :-). Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Floral it is. Mimi. This dress is gorgeous and the print is fabulous. Impeccable (marriage between fabric/pattern)! This is so lovely, I can't wait for my granddaughter to grow up, lol. BTW, the shoe police just informed me that your shoes are TDF but, I can't claim because I couldn't prove that I can walk in them! Oh, the shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG MIMI!!!!!! this is sooooo adorable! Looks simple to make too! Definitely gotta make this too! Thanks for the inspiration! Be blessed

    Stylishki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great summer dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dress, you should model. I'll definitely try to make this .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I love the fabric and your sandals

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this dress! It looks so cute on you! You did an awesome job selecting fabric for this style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to buy this pattern and it was sold out :(( It's on my wish list! FAB as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey miss mimi g! Love your blog. You have an excellence sense of style. I look forward on getting your emails, just to give me ideas what outfit I am going to wear. I appreciate your post and your dedication to your fans. God bless you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.