.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

OOTD: #DIY Striped Dress + Steve Madden Wedges



Hi Darlings!

Hope you are having a good week so far! I was hoping to have the fishtail maxi tutorial up by today but  life came calling over the weekend and so sewing had to take a back seat, however I have already told the hubby that his services are needed this weekend to finish the tut ;-) I also ended up shopping for my youngest on Monday because I swear he woke up that morning and nothing fit! so off to the Gap we went to get him fitted for at least the next month or two before he starts to outgrow these too.

Today I am rocking a DIY dress I made ages ago with THIS fabric and posted about HERE using B5706 which I had to modify a LOT to get the fit I wanted. This was of course before I decided to just make them myself and created the T-Shirt Maxi Tutorial. If you have the tutorial all you have to do is measure down the length you want it and stop there. If you don't have it you can get it HERE and it is super easy to make! And you can read a review HERE done my plus size muse Kelly who rock it out!

Additional Fabric Choices: HERE, HERE & HERE I aslo used THIS Pro Sheer Elegance interfacing for my neck facing.

DIY T-shirt Dress (similar styles) HERE and HERE and HERE / Steve Madden Wedges HERE / Belt (old) similar HERE / F21 Sunnies (old) 



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






47 comments:

  1. Mimi, you are fabulous darling!!! I love that belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you could have posted a similar yet cheaper version of that wedge shoe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent found one I liked for less. They will go on sale soon enough.

      Delete
  3. Loving the stripes with the leopard print! Cute as usual. :-)

    Mo
    Who is that girl Mo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is simple and cute and your belt is screaming H-A-W-T. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look!! Never thought about wearing brown with blk/wht but it soooooo works. U killin them girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making that fabric work will be making me one. Can't wait for the tutorial. You keep us on our toes. Thanks for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mimi,

    You look fab! Please share your nail polish color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes, you look absolutely stunning. If you didn't tell people they would never know that you've had babies, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. im working on my waist line today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything you wear....it's affordable and effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love!! Super cute!! Love those wedges!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful! I need a stripped dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just purchased the t-shirt dress tutorial. The yardage of fabric you suggested...is that enough for plus size as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More or less, it depends on your height each yard is 36" so you need to measure your height x2 plus 1/2 yard extra

      Delete
  14. You did a wonderful job on that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous honey from head to toe love the entire look the sandals are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your outfits...the love is half because they are just sooo snazzy and the other half if because you sew...I have countless people asking me if I can sew something for them and our attitudes are the same...NO!...do it yourself or go buy it I dont sew for other folks!...they dont get it but if they did you would be their inspiration!!...I cant wait for the fishtail skirt...Im getting that bad boy like yesterday when you list it!...dont you ever leave the blog world!!! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Insanity Workouts are paying off! Looking good girl!
    Love the outfit- - need those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the whole outfit!!!! Mimi girl,you're gonna have me working extra hard in the gym so I can get these abs right so I can rock my fitted dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those shoe was made for you. They fit like a glove. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome as always! Question: if I make this dress from the tshirt maxi tut. A ill below knee length, will I need to adjust for it to go in at the knee? (Sry if it's a sounds silly, I'm new to sewing)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sickening, dahling! You are the reason why I'm doing squats on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this dress! What can I say u are the best at what u do! #ClassyChic

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the look as usual. How much fabric did you use to make the dress??

    ReplyDelete
  24. What are the name of these shoes.... Steve madden.....?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.