.

Friday, December 20, 2013

UPDATED LINKS: DIY Oversized Camel Jacket + Pattern Review V8930



Hi Darlings!

I am off to see the eye doctor.....over the last few months I have noticed some blurring at night when trying to read the screen (TV/Computer) and I also noticed that when something is too close to me I squint a bit to read it. So, I am off to see what is up and get whatever it is fixed ;-)

Now, on to my fab jacket!! this was such a great fabric to work with and sews like a dream. The coat that inspired it was worn by Catherine Zeta Jones in a gorgeous wine color. I believe it was a cashmere coat and since the cashmere I wanted I could not find I went with a Wool/Cashmere "look"

The oversized coats/jackets ruled the runway earlier in the year so of course it was on my radar and I had to make one (I might make two or three) I had been meaning to add a very classic, camel color coat to my wardrobe and this one is perfect.


DIY Jacket (pattern) HERE / Gap Jeans / Wild Pair Platforms (old) / Necklace Express


Pattern: V8930 View C Fully Lined

Fabric Used: Coating HERE, HERE, HERE & HERE (also make sure you use the code "MIMI10" / Also Similar and great HERE, & HERE

Pattern Sizing: I cut the XS

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope when you were done? Yep

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, the instructions are clear and if you make the one that is not lined (View A/B) then it is even easier.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I loved the oversized shawl and the look of the jacket but I wanted to be able to belt so it looked more like the Catherine Zeta Jones jacket.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The only thing I did was make a belt so I could wear it both open and belted. I also made view c which is fully lined. I used  a rayon blend for the back piece and sleeve lining and the shawl facings with the same fabric of course.

Would you sew it again? I don't think so only because there are so many others to sew.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes!







39 comments:

  1. This is soooo Classy!!!! I love it!! Work it Mimi! You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This coat is fabulous!!!. It makes a casual outfit look really classy. Beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This coat is Fab! I would recommend to others...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a "woman of a certain age" but a lot of your styles are TIMELESS! This coat is Fab! I must dust off the old singer and get on it!. You make me want to get out of my style rut and be stylish Mrs. Mimi..
    thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that coat! Camel is the most versatile colour and it looks fab on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this pattern and I was looking for the perfect fabric to use! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab! Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect & The Coat Is Gorgeous On You.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this coat.... I want this coat

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok, I know there is a tutorial on the way! LOL wink, wink
    Just fab !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful and u are rocking it fabulously! Go Mimi! I need this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should add this to the Stitched9 order! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really gave life to that pattern because the model's coat did not look appealing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! that fabric look sooooooo snuggly and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your look better than the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Outstanding,Amazing,Stunning, Elegant, chic it is all of thee above. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks much better in the color you chose than the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your style and the jacket is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply beautiful! I gotta get my machine fixed so I can get back to work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! How can I get this for myself? Do you make them custom? I would so pay!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mimi Hunni! You look like you are made of money in that! I cant wait to get on your level! You look so regal, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. MIMI G!!! I love love love your style honey! You are rocking this coat. I'm going to get someone to make if for me. all of your outfits are so well put together, so much my style. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mimi, this is just fabulous!!! Love, love, love, the entire ensemble!! I've never commented before but this is SO me!! Geeze, you're definitely going to make me sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I so wish I could get tutorials for eveything! Im such a sloow learning when it comes to patterns. The struggle is real. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is indeed a great looking jacket. I wish I could sew, but fortunately for me, I have a friend who is a seamstress, so your recommendations on patterns are very helpful. This looks really good on you and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a gorgeous jacket, gotta make it

    ReplyDelete
  27. This coat pattern looks fab! Love the colour you choose although I could imagine this looking lovely in a pastel blue or pink as well. Great styling as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to get in your closet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't even sew, but I'm seriously considering taking up a new hobby thanks to you...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Is there ANY way that I can purchase this jacket? I lovee it! But I can't sew to save my life...please help!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.