.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY Top + And Sometimes She Wears Flats and No Sunnies...

Happy Wednesday Darlings! I am in such a great mood today and feeling so much better then yesterday. Whatever "sick" feeling I had is gone (yay airborne)! Yes, I am wearing flats and while taking pics this morning I was feeling naked then realized I didn't have my sunnies on.

Anyway, today I am wearing a DIY top I made a long time ago and never wore using Vogue 1208 which is actually a dress pattern but after I made the dress I didn't like it but wanted to save my polka dot fabric so instead I chopped it off and made a top. The pattern is cut on the bias so treating, stretching, relaxing and pressing always take much more time when you work on the bias because the cutting and sewing can be tricky if you are not familiar with the process; this is a great article by Threads Magazine that can fully explain the process.

 Playing with Textures 

mixing my cords with a silky polka dot print and adding my studded flats adds texture and depth to my look, the leopard belt is an added touch.

Get The Look..


These are the most comfortable pair of stretch cords ever! New J.Crew Cords HERE / DIY Top V1208 /  I fell in love with these Aldo Corinette Studded Flats HERE the minute I saw them and I rarely ever wear flats. 





 My Jewelry is a mix of Tory Burch Turn Lock Bracelet (old) , Coach Bangle, Michael Kors White Band Watch and misc Beads. I also have on my Michael Kors Buckle Ring and Michael Kors Pave Barrel Ring / Michael Kors Bag



xoxo
mimi g.

32 comments:

  1. I love your looks. Where is the belt from? That is a hot touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe, Belt I got at Target.

      Delete
    2. Very lovely. The bracelet on the right hand is matchless!

      Delete
  2. Love it all, you look so young, fresh & sophisticated! Love your wedding band too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking outfit. I am amazed how often you mention you are wearing something you made and never wore! I am so slow that I am dying to wear it as soon as I'm done, and then its worn over and over. Maybe some day I'll have a higher sewing output to have your problem:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it is terrible. Sometime I make something and then need the perfect pairing before I can wear it ;-)

      Delete
  4. LOVE! Flats are being taken to new heights. They're getting bolder, brighter and just over the top HAWTNESS!!! I love this look Mimi, casual, yet edgy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just awesome everything works so well together...absolutely fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit as usual. And thanks so much for the article. I love learning knew sewing techniques and skills. Thanks Mimi.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! You're showing your full face. You look gorgeous. That outfit screams ready for the Fall transitional weather. I'm really loving your blouse. I have to check out J.Crew. I'm dying to find the perfect pair of cords for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I freakin love this outfit..Fashion Bomb! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So chic and cute! I love it! Plus, I love the mix of prints.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the blouse!! I have to have that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving that top! And I have a similar belt from Old Navy, don't I feel fancy...leopard is the new neutral. Did you ever think about selling your clothes, bling, etc? If you know, your closet gets too full or your style changes, cause I want first dibs on that top.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the top...So cute with the one-shoulder bow! Need to get me some polka dot fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of turning that dress into a top. I actually think it looks much cuter that way. And of course, great shoes, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Mimi! Love the outfit! I don't mean to be a PITA but, can you tell us what nail polish you have on? It gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous combinations..U do it so well..simple elegance i'd wear in a heartbeat if
    I had them lol..You could outfit anyone Mimi..Great inspiration for me to sew..I'm
    going for that style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love polkadots. Am the opposite I always wear flats I have strange feet lol. Mainly use ugly a*se walking shoes. Hey did I miss the draw from your bag giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post, will you share the color of your nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the Vogue pattern. What did you not like about the dress?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would have never ever thought to do that to that dress....wowsers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really "Jazzy" outfit. I am lovvvvvve the dress conversion. Thank you so much for sharing. I really appreciate your fashion blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jazzy outfit. I love the dress conversion. I really appreciate you sharing you ideas, and tips.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.