.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Keeping It Simple w/ My Floral Dress


Hi Darlings! I get a ton of emails asking about styling and advice etc. and I plan to cover a bit more of this in a video  soon but for today one that comes up a lot is how I make my casual clothes look glam? now although I guess I never really thought about it I suppose there are rules that I have for myself.

1. If I am wearing a casual outfit I always add more accessories and am not afraid to add sparkle in my jewelry, no one said you cant wear a blinged out necklace with jeans and a t-shirt.

2. If I want my outfit to be the center of attention (like today) I keep my jewelry really simple because I want my dress to be the focal point.

3. I will put on several pieces of jewelry on and then look at myself while I take it off and switch up until I feel I have a good mix.

Get The Look....

I picked up this Floral Strapless Dress from Liv Boutique  item# DR915341A $56.00 (I think they take phone orders and will ship) during my trip to San Fran last month. My pumps are old, like 4 years old at least and this is the first time I have worn them, LOL and unfortunately I do not remember where I got them, sorry.  My sunnies are from Kate Spade (old) but there are similar ones HERE








xoxo
mimi g.

22 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!!! Thanks for the style advice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to rent a garage or something for all your clothes. You have tons. Do I sound jealous lol?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi does it again! Good Look and great a rules

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those t-strap heels are so gorg! I love this look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, Im glad I finally got to wear them, lol

      Delete
  5. I love this dress. Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this dress looks like a twist on the DIY maxi dress that you have posted. I love your style and I do the same with my shoes. One day you buy an outfit that coordinates with them perfectly. Even if it is months and years down the line! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 your nail polish. Super cute dress!

    Your style advice is very practical.
    I really have to remind myself to put on accessories because I know they can add so much to an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are "WOW"!!! You have a great shoe game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. been following your blog since the day you were featured on Fashion Bomb daily, you've never disappointed! Kinda feel like I know you now...lol

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shoes, especially with the contrasting polish! :-)

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look adorable!! Love the shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shoes = AMAZING! Good to know I'm not the only one who takes 4 years to wear a pair of shoes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I have at least 8 or 9 pairs I have never worn, SMH LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.