Happy Wednesday! I know that its hard to think about Fall/Winter when it is so hot outside but planning is key. Here are some of the things I must include in my Fall 2012 wardrobe.
My Falls Picks
My Falls Picks
1. Texture/Prints mixing textures adds depth to your looks and I will be adding a lot of texture this fall. My essentials on the first look include a leather jacket preferably tailored and with a strong shoulder, some chunky sweaters and stripes with bold printed pants in jewel tones. A suede pump is a must for me! and another great way of adding texture; In Cali I can wear open toe shoes year round which is a bonus. Don't be afraid to mix prints or include stripes and have fun combining different textures.
2. Texture/Drape I may buy it or make it but either way I must have a textured draped coat, this essential item can be worn with jeans, slacks, pencil skirts, dresses and can be worn with flats for a casual look or with heels; I must and will have a draped coat this Fall. The other essential item for me is a great pair of flared jeans and you know I love my animal prints and will continue that trend in my accessories and in a great pair of pointed toe pumps this Fall.
3. Prints/Leather I am loving all the printed sweaters and coats coming this fall but I have fallen in love with the bat wing shape in outerwear. I love the wood toggle buttons and the multi striped pattern in the sweater below and will be looking for something similar to this so I can pair it with a sexy Leather skirt which is the other trend I plan to add to my Fall wardrobe. Leather skirts are sexy and always on trend in some form or fashion. Leather and Chunky print knits are a definite for me!
4. Jeweled Tones/Classic Boot I love a great cape and this Fall I plan to add a few capes along with a classic riding boot. I am really into the jewel tones this fall so that will be a must in my tops and capes/ponchos. A classic riding boot is something every woman should have and I think its time for a new pair ;-)
5. Winter White Blazer/ Color I love a great blazer and I will admit that my closet is filled with them. A good clean line blazer is essential for me but what is most important to me is making sure I have some great winter white. I am also a lover of color and I love brightly hued slacks! I plan to brighten my days by carrying color over into fall. I never understood why people shy away from color during the fall/winter, don't be afraid to wear color year round, it is a great way to make those cold dreary days bright and lovely.