.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mimi G. Fab DIY Picks + Today's Look

Happy Tuesday!

I have a ton of sites that I visit during the week but I am always on the hunt for cool stuff and DIY'ers so I have listed a few DIY Tuts below that caught my eye while surfing the net and because I am featuring DIY's I wore my reconstructed Jeans to Maxi Skirt.

 I'm also really happy to share a link below for a great site that was sent to me to look at! it's a fantastic online sewing directory for tut's and patterns all in one place!! the creator of SewSet is Jessica who emailed me this morning as I was putting this DIY post together, talk about good timing! Many of you know I am not a "crafts" kind of person but I do love really cool DIY projects that I can use/wear and so here are some that I LOVE and will be making for sure.


*These are my personal picks and I was not paid, asked or encouraged by anyone listed below to feature them*





According to the creator the site is still in the early stages but I must say that the idea and what I have seen so far is fantastic.

Joyful Ruffle Blouse: This is super cute, I love other crafty fabulous women ;-)
source: Joy @ www.howjoyful.com  


This is Awesome! from Honestly WTF an easy DIY to make your own Mui Mui inspried sneaks.
Neck Tie into Bow Tie: I love this and will be making some from the hubby's ties and I can totally see myself rocking it with boyfriend jeans, a striped button up and heels.


Refinery29 (which is one of my fav sites to visit) had this really cool post on making your own DIY
Missioni Sneakers which is on my list of to-do's



DIY Denim Tie Dye
This is really cool because it's hard to find a tie dye denim shirt done well, now you can do it yourself.
source: www.honestylwtf.com has done it again, I love them!


Today's Look 
Mimi G. DIY Reconstructed Jeans to Maxi Skirt
step by step tutorial here

 Forever 21 (similar) Open Work Sweater / DIY Skirt / Tory Burch Navy Sunnies (old) Fall ones are NICE!  / Coach Chain Link Bracelet, Bangle and Matching Ring / Michael Kors Watch

xoxo
mimi g.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi,

    Love your outfit and I can't get enough of that denim skirt :-)...beautiful! You always have the best sunglasses, love them!!!

    I will definitely be visiting these sites. Thank you :-)...that tie dye denim shirt is HAWT!!!!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Miu Miu inspired sneakers!! And your reconstructed jeans look fab, love the skirt with just a simple white knit.

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mimi

    I was just wondering if you ever considered having an app. For you blog tutorials and patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great DIY sewing site!! So nice to see some stylish tutorials all indexed in one place rather than hunt down a thousand different blogs. The layout is good too. The patternreview.com layout and interface are so very early 90's. It's a bit frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.