.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

OOTD: Purple Windowpanes + Green Skinny Mini's

Hi Darlings!

I hope you all had an enjoyable long weekend. I had time to catch up on things around the house and paperwork but NO sewing which makes me sad, lol But I did go shopping because sometimes I need some retail therapy. As much as I love sewing and making my own clothes I also enjoy shopping VERY MUCH.

Gap Skinny Mini's HERE / Gap Windowpane Shirt HERE / Aldo Sandals HERE and ON SALE! / Coach Bag (old) similar color HERE
I stopped at the GAP over the weekend and fell head over heels for their new Skinny Mini' s because like many of you finding pants that fit well can be hard and frustrating so when I find a pair that I love I buy them in every color available...and so I did.
These babies are soft and comfy, have the skinny leg with a boyfriend fit at the hip and waist and since the rise is low (but not too low) they fall right at my lower back and sit perfectly instead of too high where it causes the awful gap...Anyway since Gap doesn't pay me for these glorious reviews (they should) I will leave at the that....nice fit khakis and some colors are on sale right now.
As far as the windowpane shirt, it is a boyfriend fit shirt from the GAP which I also love but in general I love button up shirts from anywhere that makes a good fitting one. This one I paired with my Green Khakis because I love the color combination.
Of course since I just mentioned that when I like something I tend to buy it in every color available I bout these Aldo sandals in both Black (worn recently) and this Cognac color.

xoxo
Mimi G

I want to thank my amazing sponsors who have been so generous to me! I have a few more to add like my most recent sponsor, Simplicity! Please take a minute to visit all of the sponsors for this years event!



22 comments:

  1. Love the color combo
    www.iammefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't I found out about you when I was still living in Cali...? Ughh I moved to Big Island Hawaii in Feb. and am now learning how to sew, bought a baby lock machine 3 weeks ago and have been taking classes since... All though I bought my machine with no sense of direction I came across your maxi dress tutorial... And I feel very glad I did I am hoping your blog and your tutorials will guide me
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simpleq, casual, sexy, cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and casual! As always love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute..I have thise colors in my closet...so thanks for the tip...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outfit! The color of the jean caught my eye quick! I am planning a dress in that color. I've had the fabric two years. I keep making gifts instead of sewing for me, so it has stayed in my stash, along with my hoarding of patterns! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun colors! Love the shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green color that you chose. I don’t think I would be brave enough to try and pull off a different color in pants. The whole outfit works for you and makes you look fabulous. The heels have an impressive bit of heel on them and look comfortable.

    My Webblog: Online PhD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love the pants.. I want to. Get one but scared that it may not fit. What size are you wearing if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.